Valentine’s Day is arguably the most romantic day of the year, right? Well, it really only depends on what you—and your significant other—believe is romantic. Now, if your relationship often revolves around trying new dining experiences—and you are going to be in the Old Montreal area of Canada around February—you might want to make a reservation at Restaurant Sinclair.
Nestled deep at the back of Old Montreal’s L’Hotel St-Sulpice, the Sinclair Restaurant brings together Old World charm—and classic culinary tradition—with modern sensibilities to provide you with a dining experience like none other. Check out the Sinclair Restaurant’s $50 Valentine’s Day prix fixe menu, with wine pairings (some at an additional charge).
The first course features excellent protein and vegetable combinations:
- Atlantic lobster bisque with a paprika smoked sour cream—2015 Isodora Vinas Cousino-Macul Sauvignon Gris Valle de Maipo
- Homemade open ravioli stuffed with Phillips crab in a Yuzu & coriander jelly served al dente—2015 Brulhois Carrelot des Amants Cotes de gascogne Seviac
- Quebec style foie gras served with fresh figs and honey and toasted buns—2013 Vineyards AF Chaudiere Chateua Pesquies Muscat-Beaumes-de-Venise
- Pink tuna tataki served with whipped coconut milk, a cuttlefish ink tile, and a grapefruit jelly—2014 Grassa family Domaine Tariquet Gros Manseng Chardonnay
- A Capuccino of mashed potatoes and wild duxelle mushrooms with a black truffle oil espuma—2014 Vinas Errazuriz Estate Series Valle de Maipo Cabernet Sauvignon
The second course features yet more excellent diversity:
- Pan-Seared Quebec Bison served with oven-roasted spaghetti squash, caramelized cipollini onions, and a morel mushroom cream—2014 Columbia Crest Winery Grand Estates Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Slow-cooked Quebec mignon of pork served with sauteed chantrelle mushrooms and a Nantes carrot puree served maple syrup and sherry juice—2014 Castle of Panneutier Count Nicolas de Lorgeril Caberdes Merlot-Cab-Syrah
- Fresh, half-Atlantic lobster risotto with saffron-flavored Arborio Spanish rich with crushed tomatoes & tomato chips—2013 Chateau du Cleray Sauvion Cleray Muscadet des Sevres on Lie
- Fresh Japan scallops with Israeli couscous, cream of mussels, and a fresh ginger emulsion—2015 Canteen Mezzacorona Estate Grown Dolomiti Pinot Grigio
Obviously, the third course features an excellent dessert:
* Chocolate dome with a mango/passion fruit heart and an orange tile—2011 Domaine Guy Saget Chateau de la Mulonniere Coteaux du Layon Beaulieu