If you are an enthusiastic foodie who would want to talk about food through posts and pictures, it only makes that you own a blog. Designing a website for this niche can be confusing, because it’s important to have an authentic voice. In this post, we are discussing further on how you can start a website on food in 7 easy steps.
- Define your niche. Food is an extensive niche in itself. Start by asking a basic question – Why should people read your blog? You can focus on home recipes, a specific kind of cuisine, about eating clean, vegan recipes, keto diet, or whatever you want – But a niche is important.
- Select a good domain name. This is a very simple aspect of launching a website. You want a relevant domain – the one that defines your blog, feels personal and true to the genre of food, but ensure that it isn’t complicated to remember.
- Find a good hosting plan. HostGator and BlueHost are two known and reliable hosting providers, and we recommend that you check their plans. Make sure you have both unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage.
- Choose a platform. There are endless website builders out there, but if you don’t know much about technicalities and want a website that’s easy to manage, we recommend WordPress. WordPress also has all the plug-ins you need.
- Focus on social media. You must ensure that everything on your food blog is shareable and can be used on social media. There are free plug-ins available, so it doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Make sure to include enough visual content. Food niche is more like fashion, where visual appeal sells the most. Once the theme has been decided, you want to ensure that there are enough photos to post. Get a good camera and do not post photos of low resolution.
- Plan your content. Most food bloggers go with the flow, but when you are starting out, it is best to have some amount of content ready to be posted. You can create a plan for two months and get the content ready before the launch.
Finally, be consistent. The best food blogs are those that have regular, unique content, and it doesn’t have to be fancy all the time. As long as you have authentic things to share, people will come back for more. Take the first step and register your domain now!